Do you have something you want to sell, but are a little leery of selling through online classifieds due to scamming? Paper Shop is the advertising venue for you. Paper Shop is an established, classified advertising venue that strives to provide a safe, easy way to sell your items. We know there are people who will prey on the uninformed, so here’s a few examples of how you can prevent being an unwitting victim:
Deal locally, face to face. Follow this one rule and avoid 99% of scam attempts:
- Never wire funds (e.g. Western Union) – anyone who asks you to is a scammer.
- Beware fake cashier’s checks & money orders – banks will hold you responsible.
- Transactions are between users only, no third party provides a “guarantee”.
- Never give out financial info (bank account, social security, eBay/Paypal, etc).
- Do not rent or purchase sight-unseen—that amazing “deal” may not exist.
- Refuse background/credit checks until you have met landlord/employer in person.
Most scams involve one or more of the following:
- Inquiry from someone far away, often in another country.
- Western Union, Money Gram, cashier’s check, money order, shipping, escrow service, or a “guarantee.”
- Inability or refusal to meet face-to-face before transaction.
These are just a few samples of what to watch for. Visit our FAQ section at the following link for more detailed information: http://blog.findnflip.com/faq/